Friday, May 16, 2008

Huh. adenomyoWHAT?

Ok, so during all the stuff going on with my Mom (cancer, hospice, her eventual death) last month, I also had a D&C (Dilation and Curettage) done under some sedation. I had been having some bleeding and such for over a year but figured it was more polyps. I figured this since I had a D&C 10 years ago to the SAME day that I had the 2nd one. Weird huh? I had a sonohystogram that showed at least one large polyp (they actually found several eventually).

D&C went fine, no complications. I'm still under "strict pelvic rest" until May 31st, which is annoying, but considering everything else that has been going on, that's the least of my worries.

So, today, 1 month after the D&C, my surgeon calls. She said that everything they found was benign. I had about 30 sec of relief and then she said they also found an atypical polypoid adenomyoma which is a rare growth that she hadn't seen before.

Oh. Great.

She said she consulted the gyno oncologist (like I haven't seen enough of those people with my Mom) and they said that I should have an MRI to make sure it isn't growing back and could just consider a hysterectomy if I don't plan on having any more kids. That way I don't have to worry about being tested often.

Yup, pretty darn depressed today. More after I know more. If anyone has information regarding this condition I'd love to know about it! There isn't much on the internet that I could find.

Suzzy (rhymes with buzzy)

No comments: