Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tele-bits: Been a long time!

I can't believe I haven't written anything about TV lately...I mean, I've been WATCHING enough of it!

New shows that have gotten their claws into me:

Life - The main character, Charlie, has sort of a Hugh Laurie as House-like appeal. Confident but troubled. The mystery of who framed Charlie for the murder of his friend reminds me a bit of The Dead Zone but, obviously, is a little more down to earth. I don't care much about Dani yet. Not sure why but she doesn't have the zing that Charlie does.

Kid Nation - I am still surprised how much I love this show. Given the bad press it got pre-season, I was expecting it to be much more exploitive. Instead, it's a great example of how smart our kids are and how they can work things out on their own. A good lesson for any parent who over-manages our kids' time, friendships and activities.

But still, there are some rumors of complaints: http://www.tvbender.com/kidnation-is-being-investigated/

Would love to hear about your favorite shows!

Suzzy (rhymes with buzzy)

2 comments:

Psychic Wannabe said...

Chuck is doing fine...maybe losing some of it's original zing, but still holding my attention.

I'm a renewed fan of Heroes. I'm totally bummed about the Writer's strike and hope it is settled soon so that Heroes doesn't lose any momentum.

Desperate Housewives is still holding my interest, thankfully!

Ugly Betty's last episode was a bit flat, hoping that the wedding episode this week will be juicy! I like the more cliff hanger episodes.

BUT...and wait for it...THE AMAZING RACE IS BACK ON! I love the goth couple, finally someone interesting to watch. I kind of like how they always have the same types of "couples" every time. The blond bombshell friends, the best friends, husband/wife, 2 dating couples, son/daughter with mom/dad kind of combo, gay couple, and freaky people...it's so predictable but I love the challenges and how certain people fall apart on each challenge. I call them whimps, but in reality, I could NEVER do it myself! hehe.

Well, that's all I can think of so far...ta ta!

Suzzy said...

I recorded AR, going to try it again. It DOES look a lot more interesting this time around. That family version just totally ruined it for me before.

Still loving Chuck, especially now that we know more about Bryce.

Heroes is my fav by far. But I figured out a bunch of stuff last night so I hope they can still keep me guessing this season! (well, I think I figured out a lot of stuff but that appearance of "Adam" really made sense)