Monday, October 8, 2007

Me-bits - Wow, life is busy!

Just sitting here and thinking about blogging, or rather, thinking that I have nothing worth blogging about today. I've kind of been in a "down cycle" the past week or two and haven't had the energy to be creative.

So I think I'll just quickly blog about life as it is right now. This second.

I'm drinking a venti non-fat vanilla latte from Starbucks. It's good. Had a cinnamon chip scone with it and that was also good. One thing I wonder about is who picks the pastries for Starbucks? I know one thing, they are thin. Maybe anorexic, I don't know. But they have the most boring pastries. They used to have these WONDERFUL chocolate chunk scones. The scone part was rich and had a great vanilla flavor. Then they changed the recipe and they were terrible. So terrible that I passed on CHOCOLATE CHUNK. I started getting the cinnamon chip since they still had some flavor. They changed those next.

When it comes to food, I'm boring. I'm allergic to a bunch of stuff and I'm picky to boot. When I find something I really like I get pissed off when it's changed. When the only thing at a restaurant that I can eat (has no nuts, tomatoes, mayo, etc. - stuff that will possibly kill me) is removed from the menu, I feel harassed. I love the food I can (or will) eat.

So I want to start a "normal" food craze. No walnuts or pecans. No cheese with mold that we are supposed to like - I mean, really, how crazy is that? It's MOLD people! No tomatoes whether they are sun dried, roma, tomatillo, etc. Ok, processed tomato like you get from a jar of Prego or on a corporate pizza (think Pizza Hut) gets a pass.

Potatoes, onions, carrots, leaf lettuce, real butter AND olive oil, cheddar, american, brie, gouda, havarti, beef, chicken, salmon, pork... Things that can be heavenly spiced and cooked into tasty meals.

Top Chef - Normal Edition - Padma introduces the ingredients above and challenges the chefs to make something that doesn't have truffle oil, leeks, or anything RAW. Yeah, that's my kind of show.

Huh. I guess I did have something to say today.

Suzzy (rhymes with buzzy)

6 comments:

Psychic Wannabe said...

I suzzy rhythms with boozy...hehe

I'm Kathy rhythms with bathy. I second the food allergy blahsssssss. I also hate when restaurants change the one thing I liked the best. Baker's Square doesn't have good quiche anymore, what's up with that? I'm still pissed at Arby's for getting rid of their chicken salad on croissant about 20 years ago, the chix salad they intro'ed a year or more ago, get this, has WALNUTS, the dreaded nut!!!
And as far as busy, I SHOULD BE, but I refuse to work up a sweat! hehe

Suzzy said...

Same problem with Ruby Tuesdays. About the only thing I can or will eat is the salad bar. Blah!

Suzzy said...

and it rhymes with BUZZY!

The Ferryman said...

I would go with sardines and Moon Pies.

How can you go wrong?

Suzzy said...

Mr. Fab - Ok, moon pies I can see. Sardines? reeeettchh

Just a simple quiche, a simple sandwich, simple simple simple.

I just thought of the thing I hate more than anything...when I get a sandwich with FREAKING NUTS IN THE BREAD! Now that's retchable.

Psychic Wannabe said...

I see a nut and stop breathing! ahhh nuts, sardines...I think I would barf!!! YUCK, and really What IS a moon pie, I've never seen one let alone taste one.

Kaffy rhythms with taffy