Monday, October 15, 2007

Bitter

I'm feeling bitter today. I went to the doctor to see if I have a hernia or at least investigate this pain on my right side. I usually love my Doc and he DID listen to me better than most docs I've had, but he kind of went on to a few other things that were concerning me, glossing over the PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE! ahem. So he took some various body fluids (not to get into TMI here) and sent me on my way. Now I have a bandaid on my left arm and A PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE.

Yup, feeling bitter.

On the positive side I also got some Ambien to try to get my sleep schedule back to what the rest of the world calls "normal". This sleeping from 4:00am - 7:00am and then from 8:30am - Noon thing ain't working. Big freaking surprise, right? 3:00am-11:00am is my favorite sleeping time. I just get tired enough at 3:00am so that I fall asleep before I meander into stupid thoughts. Now I'm going to try 11:00pm - 7:00am. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Oh and I've warned the family if they find me cooking or going for a drive in the middle of the night they should probably stop and wake me:

"Some users have reported unexplained sleepwalking while using Ambien, and a few have reported driving, binge eating, sleep talking, and performing other daily tasks while sleeping. The sleepwalker can sometimes perform these tasks as normally as they might if they were awake. They can sometimes carry on complex conversations and respond appropriately to questions or statements so much so that the observer may believe the sleepwalker to be awake." (Wikipedia)

I have actually had a few of those things happen to me when I was in high school. I had a few freaky phone calls that I had NO memory of making or receiving. And I wasn't on ANY drugs at the time. Hmmm, maybe this isn't a good idea. Nahhhhhhh...it will be fine.

No comments: